They tell you very emphatically that if you’re sick, don’t come in. They don’t want the food contaminated, they don’t want you getting other people sick, etc. I went in to work for an hour today and then left early because moving around made me feel really queasy, and I’ve had some sort of stomachache or something since I woke up that feels okay when I’m sitting down, but the minute I get up and move around it feels awful. I have no idea what that is so I really don’t want to be spreading it around work.
But I call in to tell them this, and they tell me to find someone to cover my shift or I have to come in. WHAT THE HELL? What if it ends up I start puking all over stuff at work? What are you going to do then? I’m sorry it leaves you short-handed, I realize how frustrating that is because I’ve often had to be the one dealing with that. But I’d much rather someone stay home if they’re that sick than come in and be miserable or get everyone else sick or whatever. Ugh. Fortunately someone that was there when I called volunteered to take my shift, but… the way it works is just stupid.
ETA: Forgot to mention that the last time I was really sick I came into work anyway because I knew this stupid rule and knew I wouldn’t be able to find anyone to cover me, because we didn’t have as many people then as we do now. Apparently another coworker did the same, and when I came in the manager was like, “Oh, great, now I have two sick people working. That’s great.” So she’s mad if I come in sick, but if I’d tried to call in and found no one could cover me, she would’ve made me come in anyway. I CAN’T WIN.
Came home with a huge headache and I can’t keep my eyes open. Had that thing where I see lights and it covers my peripheral vision. Fortunately I was close to leaving when it hit, but it made counting my drawer a bitch. I’m afraid if I sleep I’ll be up all night but… I don’t think I can function if I don’t lol. Blah.
cousinshipping forever. Also I will always remember Frodo/Sam as the reason I came out to my dad and his girlfriend oops
Hahaha yay I am not completely weird for cousinshipping. Merry and Pippin are just married, they just are. I mean seriously. I really had to actively try not to ship in this fandom, really, back when I was really into it. Tolkien would be rolling over in his grave BUT I’M SORRY SIR YOUR CHARACTERS THEY ARE SO MARRIED. He creates really epic friendships that are so deep and meaningful beyond a normal bond. And I totally respect that for what it is… in canon. But otherwise they are so easy to ship and I will always have memories of sneaking off into the back room of our house to read slash fiction and feeling like it was the guiltiest pleasure ever lol.
Hahaha oh gosh that’s right! Good pairing to come out on, I guess… haha.
I am never going to get to bed lol. But this is such an interesting question because it’s the first time I started to get into slash. I was all secretive about it too, I felt so guilty… god my upbringing. ANYWAY.
1. My het OTP: Aragorn/Eowyn. THE DOOMED SHIP I know, and I like them both perfectly fine with their respective lovers. But I always thought they had this intriguing what-if dynamic, and she had the ability to sort of match him in terms of combat that Arwen doesn’t have, so she gets him on a different level… and always got the sense that Aragorn was sorely tempted.
2. My slash OTP: Everyone? lol Okay biggest one. Frodo/Sam. And it’s funny because I was always quick to defend this from slash-shippers. And in canon, I think the most it gets to is romantic friendship. But I couldn’t resist the fanfiction and I found some damn good ones and yeah… I ship it.
3. My femslash OTP: You really cannot easily do that in this fandom lol. Not without getting into The Silmarillion, which I don’t know well enough. So none. BECAUSE I REFUSE TO SHIP ARWEN/EOWYN WHAT NO (see also anti-otp)
4. My endgame OTP: Frodo/Sam. And also Legolas/Gimli. Because they are so married and it’s kind of adorable.
5. My original OTP: Probably Aragorn/Arwen. I tended to just ship generically around the time I got into LOTR. I suppose my first real ship was Aragorn/Eowyn though.
6. My crack OTP: Ummm… bahahaha okay Galadriel/Frodo. She is a little too intensely into him when they’re in Lothlórien.
7. My guilty pleasure OTP: Merry/Pippin. I KNOW, I KNOW, PITCHFORKS, COUSINS, ETC. But… I can’t help it, they’re damn shippable and they’re adorable.
8. My anti-OTP: ARWEN/EOWYN. I just. I just can’t see one bit of it. It doesn’t make sense to me.
1. My het OTP: Wakka/Lulu. As annoying as Wakka can be, I also think he and Lulu have an interesting dynamic, and I always appreciated the non-verbal signals between them, how comfortable they seemed with each other, even with complications. As a side note in terms of het shipping, I also think Tidus/Rikku makes a ton more sense than Tidus/Yuna.
2. My slash OTP: I honestly haven’t thought a lot about this, given I first played FFX back when I was all ~ew slash~. But maybe Auron/Braska, and I know that’s probably random but… it’s one of the few pairings I might find plausible and get into.
3. My femslash OTP: Hmmm. If I had to pick one, uh… maybe Lulu/Rikku? DON’T JUDGE ME.
4. My endgame OTP: Hrm. I guess Wakka/Lulu? I dunno.
5. My original OTP: Back when I first played the game it was definitely Tidus/Yuna. Now I find them both annoying, Tidus especially. I used to like Yuna a lot, I related to her a little and stuff, but replaying the games I find her a bit grating after awhile.
6. My crack OTP: Wakka/Rikku. Why do I always go for the hatesex ships.
7. My guilty pleasure OTP: Auron/Rikku. People are now going to think I am creepy as fuck but oh well. I dunno if it totally counts, I don’t think they are ~omg in love~ and ~totally romantic~ but I think they could potentially have a very interesting kind of undefined sexually-venting-frustration-on-each-other sort of thing… If Auron ever went there. I know it’s a huge age gap and spoiler alert he’s dead, but… I dunno I’ve always found it interesting.
8. My anti-OTP: Wakka/Tidus. Because what, no. Just no.
Just noticed that poor Rikku seems to be my bicycle, sorry Rikku XD
WATCHMEN haha I know you haven't finished yet but come on
Hahaha okay fine.
1. My het OTP: Dan/Laurie, I suppose. They’re cute together, and Dan is adorable is all his fumbling and tripping over himself with how much he likes her.
2. My slash OTP: God I dunno. I don’t know if I’ve seen everyone’s interactions enough to really have one? I suppose this is a cop-out but the jury’s out. The only remotely slashy thing I can really think of is one-sided Rorschach/Nite Owl.
3. My femslash OTP: Probably whoever The Silhouette and her lover are, just because I liked her just from a brief mention already better than Sally lol.
4. My endgame OTP: Oh god I think I have to wait on this, too, sorry.
5. My original OTP: I suppose Dan/Laurie (I’m so predictable and generic with this so far! lol) just because it was cute and the awkwardness is so entertaining
6. My crack OTP: Rorschach/Ozymandias based entirely around the quote “Might be a homosexual. Must investigate further.” Because LOL.
7. My guilty pleasure OTP: I DON’T KNOW. I guess maybe Rorschach/Nite Owl at the moment just because angsty pairings are interesting
8. My anti-OTP: Hmm. Laurie/Jon, I guess. I know he can’t help it but Jon is kind of a dick and Laurie deserves better.
“There is in stories like this a small-mindedness that prioritizes the almighty psychiatric holy grail of “healing”—letting go of one’s anger for the sake of inner peace—over justified, even necessary moral outrage. First Class condemns Erik not for targeting innocents and embracing the same prejudiced mentality as his Nazi tormentors, but for wanting to kill Shaw. It places two choices before him: either he takes the life of the person who killed his family and tortured him, in which case he’s a villain, or he relinquishes not only his quest for revenge but the anger driving it (the alternative of putting Shaw on trial for crimes against humanity is never suggested). As if to add insult to injury, the latter option is presented by Charles—a rich, privileged gentile who has not only never experienced a day of hardship in his life but who, as Mystique points out, has no problem passing for human—with a glibness that belies the film’s claim that he has seen Erik’s memories and fully comprehends his pain.”—Asking The Wrong Questions | X-Men: First Class (via knitmeapony)
Do your best to be honest and straightforward with me, and I will do the same for you. If you have an issue with me I would prefer to know! Because I don’t like to upset people without knowing about it, and because I respect all of you I will do my best to talk it out with you if I take issue with something you say. :)